This is my picture when I was dead
Athens, 1983. The world press reports that 4-year old Bashir is killed in the assassination of his father, Mamoun Mraish, a top PLO lieutenant. Father and son are declared dead but when they arrive at the hospital Bashir turns out to be still alive. But if Bashir is fully alive today, what happened to the dream he and his father were believed to have died for?
- 70 min
‘This is my picture when I was dead‘ (Hathihi swrati wa ana mayet) is a 70 minute documentary shot on Red. I have been working mainly on the action scene where bullets were shot at a car. This scene was entirely shot on a green screen studio. This involved building an complete environment from scratch from photos shot on set. The assault-scene was shot in a green-screen studio and the environment had been created digitally in the Flame. I work together with Hans Loosman at WRKS to complete this scene. Besides the compositing work the main other task was doing conform on the Nucoda.
- Director: Mahmoud al Massad
- Line producer: Sylvia Baan & José van Doorn
- Producer: Hans de Wolf & Hanneke Niens
- Assistant producer: Kim Timmermans
- Cinematography: Mahmoud al Massad & Bassam Sammy Chekhes
- Colorist & Visual effects supervisor: Hans Loosman
- Digital compositor: Gregoire Verweijen
- Editors: Rupert Lloyd & Alexander Goekjian & Julian Rodd