This commercial is of a different type as what we are used to for car commercials. This time no perfect shining car shots blasting from the screen but a car with character. He lived a harsh life.
Like a runaway boy left home to lead the life he wanted but in the end (Spoiler alert!) return to his 'parental' home. where his 'father' the repairman speaks out it's unconditional love and lets the car in for some repair-love.
Two stunt cars ware used, and for good reason. halfway the shoot one of the cars lit on fire. Fun fact: As the stunt driver was helped to safety the cameraman were rushing to get the shot. This shot, of the burning car was completely accidental, but made it to the final cut! I worked about 4 days on this commercial and than something happened we (VFX-Artists) all fear: The commercial was re-cut. A lot of the VFX shots were cut out and the film completely changed. We mourned for a bit but we soon realized that the re-cut served the film in the end.
The main chunk of the work on this film was replacing number plate on the car, removing other brands, split screens, removing the camera-rig from reflections and adding some smoke effects to enhance the experience.
- Paint & retouch: Cleaning up all of the scenes, removing advertisements and other distractions. but also removing of adding changes to the cars. Change certain aspects of the burning cars (make it different from the hero car).
- Replacing number plates: Different cars were used with different number plates.
- Lens flares: Adding lens flare in almost all the shots.
- Rig removal: Remove camera rig in shot.
- Split Screens: Combining several takes.
- Stock FX: Adding dust on the acceleration shot.
- Retime & Split Screen: Changing traffic lights to fit the story.
- Matte Painting: Adding tire tracks in the top shot, changed the light of the cars.
- And more...: Many more things that didn't made the re-cut. (replacing the car mirror in a driving shot, turning on street lights and touching up the environment)
- Director: Ismael
- Production: Pink Rabbit
- Executive Producer: Mireille Lampe
- Producer: Monique van Beckhoven
- Advertiser: Ford
- Agency: Ogilvy and Mather Amsterdam
- Agency Producer: Mariska Franssen
- Creatives: Marco Q de Jong
- DOP: Noell Schoolderman
- Offline Editor: Martin Heijgelaar, Govert Janse
- Post Production: Captcha
- Compositing: Gregoire Verweijen
- Colour grading: Barry Clarke
- Post Production Producer: Marcel Oudendijk
(Film & Video)
This is a smart, beautifully told story for Ford dealerships that also does a wonderful job elevating the brand. We loved the execution, the pitch perfect music, and the bravery of the client to show their product in such a down and dirty way.
In the news
- Team Mustang Club Nederland - Nederlandse Shelby in commercial Ford Motorcraft
- Adformatie - Een Ford is altijd welkom thuis in campagne voor een nieuwe dienstverlening
- Marketing Tribune - Ogilvy Amsterdam maakt Europese Ford-campagne
- Nederlands Medianieuws - Ogilvy Amsterdam maakt Europese Ford Motorcraft-campagne
- The Drum - FORD: Unconditional Love by Ogilvy & Mather Amsterdam